Sooo......I have strongly been resisting the unending urge to blog about the issues at stake in our country this election. I know that many of you fall on completely different sides of the fence......some the same as I and some different. I still love you all - please believe me! But it has been painful and driving me crazy not to blog! You know me - Miss passionate, give her opinion even when not asked - but I am realizing that I really don't think I would be able to persuade or increase anyone's knowledge. And I definitely did not want to hurt anyone with not well thought out words. (Something I struggle with in real life conversations).
Honestly I am really just stumped. I have a hard time understanding sometimes why people believe the way they do. I am NOT saying people should just think like me - I am honestly saying I wish I understood the rationale behind their thoughts or where they were coming from. I am realizing that no matter who is elected Nov. 4 - we are a country divided on what America should be. That grieves me. I am grieved mostly for my children. But.....
The whole political scene has been a real distraction for me away from Kingdom endeavors (Matthew 6:33). "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. " As one blog I read said: "Life is too short and the gospel too important to be carping back and forth in ways that do not persuade or are not increasing knowledge." Hmmm....I have been doing a lot of carping back and forth with various ones, but I have spared you....Oh blog readers! You can thank me anytime.
Just know this - I will not stop being passionate about what I believe. No surprise there probably. I will not stop trying to be informed. I will be a nut case until after the decisions have been made Nov.4.....then I will finally rest in the sovereignty of God - and try to put in practice Matthew 6:34.."Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Maybe then my mind will be clear enough to resume life as usual!
2 comments:
Luk 21:27-28 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things [end times] begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
This passage has been very encouraging to me lately. While I'm not saying its the end times yet nor do I know your theological view points on how everything is gonna go down...this has encouraged me...bad things are happening and will continue to happen all around us, but don't get focused on the sin and yuckiness down here...look up...this means he is coming soon...your redemption draweth nigh!!
w0w I have a lot of things to catch up on all of you. very neat.
Post a Comment