Sunday, January 10, 2010

for the glory of Christ


Since many in our church congregation are battling cancer, our pastor shared with us an article by John Piper called "Don't Waste Your Cancer". It was written four years ago - but I thought worth posting - as it is challenging to say the least. Even though I am not fighting cancer personally - I have several dear friends who are. Someday I may face cancer - one thing is guaranteed - I will face difficult trials. These principles are very rich....I want to contemplate them seriously in preparation for the tests that are ahead.

2 comments:

Turquoise Gates said...

Don't Waste Your Cancer was one of the first articles I stumbled across after my diagnosis of "suspicious" cells in my thyroid. It encapsulates what I've felt compelled to share since my surgery in 2008. It is why I pray for God's will - rather than a cancer-free existence. I sincerely don't know which is better: cancer or healing. What will bring God more glory? My instinct suspects cancer. That scares me. But I am on board with God on this train - whether it is a train to eternity or a train to healing. Piper's article has helped me clarify my feelings along the way.

Genevieve

Joyful Friends said...

Thanks, I too have a lot of friends going through cancer and this helps me pray better and adjust my focus as well.