Sunday, January 30, 2011

a decade old......


It's time for the birthday blitz again.....starting with ten year old Ryan! His big day is almost over and I am racing to get his birthday post in under the wire........

What parents wouldn't be bursting with pride? Ryan has grown and matured in many ways this year. We are so thankful to call him son! I love his adventurous spirit - rarely fearful - and wanting to try new and exciting things.......that I would never think of. Ryan is inventive and creative. He has aspirations of learning how to start a business and building a treehouse with his grandpa Spence just to name a few. When he puts his mind to it, Ryan is focused and dependable and gets his work done. He is learning how to do every job with excellence and finding new ways to do even his day to day chores more efficiently and training his younger siblings to do them.

I appreciate Ryan's heart to spend time with his brother and sisters - enjoying and coming alongside them.




There is no shortage interest and willingness to try new things and have fun here.....

Courageous and brave......

Gives 110%!

Joyful and persistent.....

This year Ryan is learning Spanish and memorized a good portion of the Westminster Catechism. He is also studying the entire book of Isaiah with Dad and Madison at Bible Study Fellowship. I have noticed Ryan's special ability to love and accept kids in his social circle who have special needs or difficulty fitting in with their peers. He often takes the time to spend with them or encourage them. I am filled with gratitude to the Lord for this aspect of his character.

As Ryan grows and his character develops he gives us all significant joy! We continue to pray each year for his physical, emotional, and spiritual growth.

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love may have power together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Chris, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
Ephesians 3:16-19


Happy birthday big boy.....I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so good! happy birthday ryan!!

Sherri said...

He is such an amazing kid inside and out! I am truely blessed to know him :) You are doing a fabulous job cousin!!!