Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Expedition to the Rose Parade - 2011 (Part 4)

I think he's forgotten his frozen toes and fingers now....

After a quick 2 hours.....the parade was over...12pm and we had been there about 6 hours. The end of the parade is quite unique in that there is a boat load of tow trucks following the parade in case the floats break down. This year only one was utilized so there was a long line of them after! People really jetted out of the scene very quickly - but we decided we didn't want to fight traffic and had our lunch on "our lawn" before heading home. It was delightful to go home to a hot shower, comfortable chairs, family, food - and my favorite: football. All in all, yes - a fun escapade. I don't think I have the need to do it every year. But I would do it again. My dream? Scoring a seat INSIDE the Rose Bowl for the game......now that would be worth sleeping on the curb for!

Tow trucks as far as the eye can see!

Parade viewing spot turned picnic area...

the vendors headed down route.....

Back to the car.....notice Mr. energetic there....

Roses everywhere......even in the yard next to the van.....

Not 10 minutes later from the picture above!

.....the game!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful!
Your commentary is terrific, too.
Love, ma