Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hotspot #4 - Fridge and Pantry!

I was so excited when Simple Mom announced the 4th hotspot was the pantry and fridge! It has been over 4 years since we moved "back in" our remodeled house and the kitchen cabinets were in disarray. Since being introduced to a cleaning schedule by the Fly Lady awhile back - I have made it a normal routine to clean out the fridge almost every month and I've worked on the pantry before. But there were other parts of my kitchen I wanted to work on. I didn't get to EVERY drawer and cabinet - but the worst ones. I am so blessed to have a huge kitchen with tons of space! Now there is even more!

I love how Tsh suggests that as you handle each food item you think carefully about whether it is something you should be eating and having in your home. Good time to get back to whatever plan one has for eating healthy!

***DISCLAIMER*** Sort of funny it is the end of the month and so fridge and pantry are more empty than normal. Trying to stick to the budget!

Before on bottom of pantry

After

Top of pantry before....

After....

Fridge (a day before I actually cleaned it out....)

Had to take a picture of this - I took every shelf and drawer out and scrubbed. Oh my....

Merl came home with groceries right after I took this picture!

This was one of the "extras" I really wanted to work on....



I would call this cabinet the "catch - all"....

Extra space now!

Bring on Hotspot #5!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Your hired for our fridge! I have been slowly working on our pantry this week...scary! :)

AZ Homeschoolers said...

Miss Madeline cleans my fridge for 25 cents a shelf-- a smokin' deal! Sparkling clean!

MdmDragonfly said...

HI from a fellow FlyBaby! I found your blog while blog browsing today and am your newest follower!

Great before and after pictures!

Have a wonderful weekend!