Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Allison!

First photo shoot with Amy G.....(around 6 months old)

Allison, June 2011

Another wonderful year has gone by like a blur and Allison is older, taller, and wiser! This year I think she has been more excited than ever for her birthday - beginning the countdown until today over 2 weeks ago! She is blessed to have siblings who have joined in the excitement and an older sister whose gift is making a day special. Some days I feel along for the ride! OK - most days!

It's been an eventful year. Allison lost many teeth, has strengthened her reading and writing skills, learned to play baseball and flag football (thanks to big brother), and started a ballet class. Allie has a tender heart which is especially soft toward babies and little ones. She cannot wait to interact with them when we are with friends, at church, or small group. She is such a little lady - loving putting together her outfits, hair, shoes, and purses. I can already see the glimpses of a dedicated wife and amazing mother. She is still a special cheerleader for me - often the first to realize when I am down or need an encouraging word. I believe the Lord has also given her a tender heart for her each of her friends and insight as she seeks to love them.

Always game to be at the park.....

Diligent student!

She can be rough and tumble if needed!

Even willing to hold a crayfish!


We are thankful for the blessing Allie is in our family - what an amazing gift each child is with their unique strengths and challenges. We are looking forward to a memorable day off of school today, celebrating Allison in her 7th year! We love you, sweet girl!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Well, I cried after reading this post...I have so many fond memories with you, while we were expecting our girlies and now seeing them grow. Allison is a real beauty inside and out. I'm thankful for her AND for you!

Tracy said...

Oh sweet friend! I thought of you and Hannah as I wrote it! It was such a special time - oh how I wish our girls were just around the corner from one another. Love you so much.....

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday Allison! We wish we could celebrate your special day with you! One of these days we will have to get together. Love you all so very much!