Sixteen years ago we became parents for the first time - we had no clue what was ahead! The years have flown by with Madison Joy! It is a truly fulfilling process to watch a child grow, develop, and turn into someone you are amazed by! Truly we are proud to be Madison's parents and she often leaves us speechless! Here is a review of her 15th year - leading into the big 16!
Madison on the beach - one of her favorite places...
I am fairly sure if you asked Madison what one of her favorite things was it would be EVAC. Truly this opportunity to compete in sports with other wonderful families has been a blessing for us beyond measure. Last year at the last minute Madison decided to go out for basketball not ever having played before and she is developing into a great player! Last season she played on JV and this year she was excited to make Varsity and play with some of her close friends. This fall she also decided to try volleyball and enjoyed that. We all love watching Madison play and improve and love her enthusiasm and determination to work at her sport. Probably most gratifying however has been the rich and deep friendships Madison has found with her teammates!
Some of Madison's volleyball pals...
Sweet basketball friends (on the day they surprised her for her birthday)
Another passion for Madison is aerial. I will admit - Madison will try things I never would! I am so glad! This is her third year working at aerial and it is exhilarating to watch her! Part of what has made this special is doing it with one of her friends, Hannah and then being in the same arts school as Allie.
the "coffin"
This summer Madison enjoyed volunteering at Hope Women's Center in Apache Junction. Oftentimes she took a friend with her and they would organize closets, help with events, etc. Over a period of several months Madison and Dawson (a friend from BB) worked to re-decorate the Executive Office. They planned, shopped, and painted. One day our executive director went to work in the old office and the next day it was transformed "extreme makeover" style! It was so fun to watch the big reveal after several month's worth of work. I love that Madison likes to volunteer at a place I love : )
Dawson, Tammy, and Madison...
Madison and her "mold project"
Prosecuting attorneys...
One of the things I love most about Madison is her versatility. One minute she can fix her sister's ballet bun and makeup just right and then next she is playing football with the boys. She whips up yummy muffins, cookies, and dinner! Madison also continues to love teaching and working with the kids at church, in CC, and her cousins. I always joke that she is like the Pied Piper - little children just do what she says! Maddie is always game to organize, decorate, or rearrange. When I am in need of an extra hand I can count on her - and often she is more calm and collected than me! Over the next years it will be fun to see which of her passions she decides to pursue - and what the next chapter of her life will be like. We are trying to savor these last years with her at home and hope they last as long as possible...she is irreplaceable!
Madison loves to travel and dreams of going places far away!
Madison, Amanda, Emma, and Ryan

.jpg)






1 comment:
Oh, Madison...happy 16th! What a variety of interests and talents you have, reminds me of Dr. Suess "Oh The Places You'll Go". We love you!
Post a Comment