Friday, January 2, 2009

16 years




Sixteen years ago I married a really great guy.  Today I am still married to an even more wonderful man.  Often you hear someone say, "He is not the man I married."  Well Merl is in many ways still the person I married but he has become so much more!  I am so blessed to have someone so devoted to the Lord, his wife, and children.  Looking back I realize HOW MUCH the Lord is sovereign and cares for me.  He orchestrated everything in my life so that I would be matched with my husband!  I am also therefore matched with his great family that I love so much!  

This week it was fun to pull out our wedding pictures and read the notes I'd written about our "beginning".  After a long 2 year distance relationship I finally moved to Miami, Florida from Albuquerque.  After 6 weeks we were engaged at Miami South Beach after dinner at the "Lazy Lizard".   Three weeks later, Hurricane Andrew hit Miami.  This made planning a wedding in New Mexico from Miami even more challenging but it all happened as you can see (primarily because of our 2 families at home)!

I am thankful for a husband who has made Jesus the Lord of his life, is a leader, disciplined, dedicated, a careful listener, unselfish, purposeful parent, provider, and unconditional friend.  In 2009 I am hoping to focus more on these qualities instead of fretting over the dishes he leaves in the sink or the projects left unfinished around the house!  Easier said than done I fear!

On our wedding day we were not promised an amount of days we'd get together.  Sixteen years is a gift!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

congratulations! You guys are a great couple. Always so good to "hear" from you here.

Sherri said...

Aww...Tracy I remember seeing these pics! I miss you guys to much. I am so glad your Mom emailed you my blog. I will enjoy reading up on you guys :) This is wonderful!

Linda said...

...Tracy, you still look the same as you did when you got married! It was fun reading your blog! Have a great 2009! Amy's Mom