



Our "school" morning got off to a rough start......we are ready to be done for the summer! Anyway - I decided we needed a break and so we made 3 batches of playdough. I use my mom's classic recipe. I love the feel of the warm playdough while you are kneading it immediately after taking it off the stove. I also love the salty smell.....it brings back childhood memories. It is the best recipe I know of - it always comes out perfect, not too dry, not too wet:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
food coloring of choice
Mix together dry ingredients; add to liquid in a large saucepan. Stir in food coloring. Cook over medium heat until dough sticks to side and forms a ball. Knead and cool. Put in a ziplock bag!
1 comment:
Thanks for the recipe...looks like fun!
Post a Comment