
Big boy underwear......my baby is wearing big boy underwear. Actually I think there is nothing more exquisite than a little 2 yr. old bottom in big boy underwear! Gorgeous - perfect - cute - that little bottom and little boy!
Little boy??? How did this happen? No - not cute anymore - tragic! How did almost 3 years slip by already? Wait! Stop! Please if only I could stop time! Why can't we "pause" or "rewind" - just a little to savor the moments? Why can't I remember my even bigger boy when he first wore big boy underwear? Time is racing by - do I ever stop to savor, smell, hug and kiss? Yes - but never enough.
I don't think you can do it enough. No matter how much you hold, love, nurture......it doesn't stop the seconds and minutes ticking by. And of course thank goodness! Who would want to have a baby for 60 years! I think even the baby lovers would grow tired from never sleeping through the night! Oh how joyous it is as they grow to watch them learn and mature. It is a different sweet, a different blessing. Four times I have mourned the loss of my little baby - while also celebrating the milestones being reached ahead......always struggling to enjoy the stage I am in. What a conflict of interest - what a complex game - what an amazing ride.
1 comment:
Tracy, you are too cute!
Post a Comment