
I have been contemplating for awhile trying to make a list of 1000 gifts as suggested on the above blog. The idea is simple: begin counting and keeping track of the blessings bestowed upon me from the Giver of all Good Gifts. Put a number on them - and keep a log - a journal of gratitude.
Apparently there are studies of those who keep gratitude journals and they are reported to be more joyful, enthusiastic, interested, attentive, energetic, excited, determined, and strong than those who did not. I don't know - I am already fairly determined and interested in life - but I know I am a real pro at seeing the glass half empty. What would happen if I make a goal to count 1000 blessings by a certain date and focus on that? I really believe that to an extent joy and happiness are a choice. I am in a battle with my flesh and the Evil one who seeks to steal my joy and pull my eyes off of my Redeemer and Sovereign Lord. I think a gratitude list is one way I can build my armor and give glory to the Lord at the same time.
George MacDonald wrote, "No gift unrecognized as coming from God is at its own best....when in all gifts we find Him, then in Him we shall find all things."
I am going to give it a try......probably won't list every single one here - but will blog about some of them.....thanks Ann for a great idea!
2 comments:
That looks like a neat blog. This sort of idea (a thankfulness journal of some sort) frequently comes to mind, but is hard to get going and keep going! Today, I'm thankful for someone loaning me Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit. Also for remembering to go pray today instead of something way less holy, and the answer to that prayer, not too long after!
By the way, I hope your thankfulness journey/journal is a blessing to you and a joy!
Post a Comment