Calmness.....this is in the thesaurus for "patience"......probably wouldn't be a word to describe me. That is why I am working on it! We had a "wintery" and rainy week this week. I love the change in pace - extra time at home, and the opportunity to wear jeans and long sleeves! The other day the weather also gave me the chance to stretch! When it rains all day, my first choice would be to sit inside with my cup of coffee reading a book or on the computer - uhm.....uninterrupted and in silence. Well - since that would be virtually impossible unless I do it at midnight, I opted for something else. We had a productive day of school and then of course the kids wanted to go outside in the rain and mud! This is a common occurrence. As soon as one drop of water is out of the sky they are begging to go out and get wet. Oh yah - just my idea of a great time......8 or more articles of wet and muddy clothing, 6 sets of footprints (counting the dog) all over the house, dead grass, water......oh the glory of it all!
That is probably the LAST thing I'd like to do on a day like this, but guess what? I am practicing "calmness". So - out they went to act out some cartoon they had read or seen somewhere. Some of you who just love getting dirty and this kind of thing are laughing at me - go ahead and snicker. I know children are supposed to experience their surroundings and explore, and "feel" things....I just wish they didn't have to do it around me sometimes! Well anyway - I would call it success - whatever happened Thursday. Lots of muddy clothes, footprints, squeals, and yells. Still finishing laundry and I am not bothering to mop the floor yet until there is ABSOLUTELY NO sign of rain in the forecast! A stretch for me.....but isn't that what this journey is supposed to be?

These onlookers were not sure about fully experiencing the mud.

The 6 sets of footprints

Who knows what he is doing

Don't worry - just acting.....
1 comment:
I feel the same way about the mud and the muck! I know that makes me not so fun at times, but...
Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting! I'm really glad you came by. I agree that we must be incredibly similar because your posts remind me of my days so much. :) Well, the more the merrier, right?
PS I usually blog in the late afternoon during my kids mandatory quiet time but occasionally at night after they go to bed.
Post a Comment