Sunday, May 9, 2010

Muvver's Day

Had a nice "Muvver's Day" yesterday as it was called by the younger ones around here.....I felt honored in many ways. It is truly a privilege to be a mom - I think I realize that more with each passing year. Too bad sometimes I think young mom's are so wrapped up in the daily aspect of things they cannot enjoy the younger years of their kids' lives fully until they have passed. I think I WAS one of those young moms - but have crossed into the "older mom" category. Not all bad I am figuring out, as wisdom is helpful.

These four beauties pictured below are a blessing and without them where would I be? I pray that women all over felt honored yesterday. Mother's Day has an effect on many women - I hope those longing with their hearts to be moms were encouraged and not overlooked, those who have heroically placed their children into the arms of other parents to raise were recognized and not forgotten. I pray that daughters committed themselves to appreciate their moms more and spend more time with their grandmothers. And hopefully, those who are mother's currently in the trenches were inspired to dig even deeper and benefit from the windfall of mothering....

My treasures:






No comments: