Saturday, May 28, 2011

long time no write......

It's been 3 years since I started this blog - and during that whole time I don't think I've gone 2 months without writing. Most who know me would say I've never been at a loss for words....it is usually quite the opposite. But frankly for the last 2 months each time I have thought of sitting down and writing about our daily activities it just seemed trivial. Not that our life or daily happenings were unimportant because to us they were....

I didn't write because 1) There was not an instant of extra time and 2) I couldn't formulate the right thoughts to write about my family in contrast to what was going on around me.

I didn't record the last two months because I was too busy living it - and experiencing relationships. I was investing in family out of state and engaging in friendship to its fullest extent here.

I was loving others' children, regularly visiting friends in the hospital, saying good-bye, grieving my own offenses, and pleading on my knees for the lives of precious ones.

I am ready to write again - because the thoughts and events have been piling up! And this is how I work it all through. The challenges of the last two months were not all necessarily negative - in fact even though they have been difficult - I count them a privilege to have gone through. Friendship is an investment.....a journey.....more on that later.......in the meantime....here is a taste of "the normal" that has transpired in between the trials.....

Trip to Albuquerque to see family and work the NM Homeschool Convention

A treehouse was constructed!

Yes - we were sitting here - this photo is with no zoom!!!

School year all done and packed up in a box!

Painting......

2 comments:

Alex Den Svensk said...

Thanks for writing this...It's great to see the kids. I miss you and the kids. I miss the loving hugs I get from you and Meryl and all the kids...and not to play favorites, but that tight run and squeeze I get from Johnathan I really miss.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are blogging again! Though I've been in the midst of the crazyness of why you haven't been blogging...I have missed reading your updates and have checked multiple times to see if you were back on-line. Glad you are back! :) Adela