Monday, October 3, 2011

fall revitalizes......

A break from the heat.....a pause from the rush.....peace......quiet. One of our pastors years ago used to talk excitedly about going out into the "wilderness" or middle of the desert for time alone with the Lord. He would come back wildly refreshed and renewed. He encouraged us all to do the same. I would always think - "Just get in my car and drive to the middle of nowhere? And sit where? And do what?" Of course when you live in the middle of a huge city it is much more of an orchestration than for those already living in a rural area. Needless to say I never did it.


In the last two years however, I've done the next best thing. Blessed to be invited to attend an intimate retreat with leaders from Hope Women's Center where I serve as a volunteer, I've gone away for a few days up north. For me personally it has been enriching - revitalizing. Who could ask for anything better? All in just two days I bask in cool temperatures and beautiful landscape, lovely accommodations, healthy and fresh food, old friends plus new friends, coffee, and chocolate! And then to top it off - challenging and rich teaching, personal bible study and quiet time with Jesus. Each time I come back restored.....with a full tank to live the day to day again. These opportunities have made me thankful for this time in my life to be fed by godly women. And it makes me determined to figure out ways to recharge in this way in the future. Mental note to self........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seems like a great place to recharge!