Thursday, March 28, 2013
You know you're old when......
I'm not here to call anyone old.....I mean that is certainly not my specialty....but if I can help anyone out with some indicators well....hey. I asked Madison if she had any suggestions for how someone could tell they were old and she just shrugged, "How would I know? I'm not old - I don't have any idea!"So there you have it! I guess you just know when the time comes! However this morning as I was getting ready for the day I thought of a few signs that might reflect age........
You know you are old when.......
1 - Your 6 year old is often explaining to you how the ipad works.
2 - You must fight the urge to yank gray hair out EVERY time you fix it!
3 - The fashion police of your house have to intervene just about every time you leave to "go out."
4 - All adults around you seem to be your same age......
5 - Really, you just prefer your nice paper planner/calendar to an electronic one.
6 - Vigorously cleaning the house alerts you muscles you weren't aware you had.
7 - All the football and basketball players whose names and stats you memorized as a kid are sitting behind the commentator's desk on TV: Overweight and balding.
8 - You remember the days you could shoot out of the starting blocks at high rates of speed.....but the last time you actually moved that fast was when one of your toddlers started turning green, said their tummy didn't feel so good and they started puking on the carpet.
9 - You are listening to hilarious comedians crack jokes about all the great things of your day and your kids keep asking you, "What is bactine?" "Who is Led Zeppelin?" "What is a merry go round?"
10 - When talking with a group of young families you realize these people have never lived without a cell phone or the internet. Like they didn't have to look up words in a dictionary, research in the stacks of a library, make copies with change in the library, and look up files on a microfiche in college!
WHERE IS THE JUSTICE?
But hey - you know you are AWESOME old when......
1 - You like the rock music louder than your kids......(of course that could be due to hearing loss)
2 - You can still fit into your college clothes.....and a double bonus is they are BACK in style!
3 - Sometimes the fashion police still ask you for advice on what to wear.....
4 - You still have your jump shot.....
5 - You are willing to get out there and run and play soccer with the 12 year olds - and you look great while people walk by (but they don't know you couldn't get out of bed the next day!)
6 - You are still champion at air hockey.....
7 - You realize getting older is getting wiser - a nice benefit.
8 - You finally see that a clean house is not the most important thing in life.....
9 - Your kids can make the meals, clean, and pamper you!
10 - At least a few people act surprised when you tell them your age......ba ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great lists...though a bit depressing as I identified with many in the first list, but not much in the "awesome" old list. Oh well, we can't all be awesome old.
Adela :)
P.S. Yeah for birthday blogs...or this blog might just have become obsolete...
Post a Comment