Friday, September 19, 2008

my caterpillars





One day I was with my friend in her front yard when we found two caterpillars.  We put them in a butter tub and named them Spike and Daphne.  I took them home.  I put dirt in a jar and some sticks, leaves from where the caterpillars came from and a net on the top.  I put them in and waited.  A couple of days later they made cocoons, it was really cool!  A week later while I was sleeping, my brother Ryan had just come out of the shower, and came running into my mom and dad's room naked and yelling: "The butterfly came out of its cocoon!!!!!!"  Back in my room I was awake.  I got up to see what was going on.  Sure enough there was Spike, a butterfly.  We let him go, and about a week later my mom was doing laundry and walked by the jar and noticed another butterfly.  It was Daphne, we let her go too.  I had fun catching caterpillars, but letting them go as butterflies was fun too!

By:  Madison Miller
Age: 9
Date: 9/19/08

No comments: