Monday, October 6, 2008

chasing Fall




We are experiencing a taste of fall here - but only a little.  I've kept the windows and doors open for a short while in the mornings - but only a few hours - and it is cooling at night into the 60's and 70s maybe?  Of course we can tell it is fall by the sunlight in the afternoons - and then on Saturdays when I see college football everyone else in the country is wearing sweatshirts!  It is playoff and World Series time for baseball (our family's favorite) - which is also an indicator that fall is here.  After Halloween I think it will be officially cool enough to call it fall.  So the kids and I are leaving Phoenix for New Mexico where fall is actually happening!  The International Balloon Fiesta is happening, trees are changing, and the temperature in the day is below 90 degrees.  We are going primarily so my mom and I can attend my sister in law's 1st baby shower.  We are really thrilled to be going - and then will visit lots of other family very rapidly over the weekend!  Short visit - but worth it.  So tomorrow it is into the car - we'll see how many times Allie asks "when are we getting there?" and how many times we stop for the bathroom.  

The above pictures really are of fall in Arizona - just up North in Payson from a fun trip to a friend's cabin this same weekend a year ago.  (Raspberries, apples, and fall leaves along our hiking trail).  When we get back I'll post more fall pictures from our trip so those of you in Phoenix  can "taste" it too!  

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Hope that you are having a nice trip!