Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dear Madison......



I am a day late with this post - should have been Nov. 29 - but better late than never!  Yesterday we celebrated 10 amazing years of Madison's life.  It is sobering to think that over half of her time in our home could be gone......not to rush her out or anything.....just the reality.  Ten years ago we were beginning our journey as parents and had not a clue what we were doing.  Luckily - we had the textbook infant.....little Madison who slept through the night in like a month, sat quietly in her seat and watched what was going on around her, and seemed to just be - well - an easy baby!  The other day I was looking through the old pictures of when she was born and remembering how very quiet our home was then.  Quiet, tranquil ...... HELLO!  That was then and this is now!  Wow what a change!  Madison has grown into such a lovely girl.  In the last few years she has become so capable, thoughtful, responsible, loving, articulate, helpful.....she is amazing!  I appreciate so much how dependable she is - it is difficult not to take advantage of that!  The next ten years I hope to spend time continuing to equip and encourage Madison - making the most of every moment......because I see now how little time I have left.  Oh Lord help me to slow down and worry less about the little things.  Madison has brought much joy and laughter to our home - praise God for her heart and talents.  When Maddie was born her dad and I decided to choose Romans 15:13 as her "birthday verse".

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

1 comment:

zurn said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Madison! It is hard to believe that it was 10 years ago that you arrived. I remember it well--it did kick off a period of great change, but you are still the fantastic chica that you are! See you soon, Uncle Steve, Aunt Sarah, and Cousins Archer and Leo!