I can't be in the kitchen without Mr. Helpful - aka - Mr. into everything - aka - Mr. Counter Surfer #1 -aka - Jonathan. I have never had a toddler this busy (I am not kidding). Jonathan is always dragging the stool up to where ever he'd like to be and "surfing" for what is up there. He is very resourceful and will get what he desires in whatever way he can. I did not realize that what he did (taking food off the counter whenever he likes) had a name - counter surfing.
When we were looking into adopting Aslan we were warned that Rhodesian Ridgebacks are unstoppable "counter surfers". Well that was no understatement. So far we have lost a dozen tortillas, a cinnamon roll, the neighbor's sugar cookies, 1/4th of a lasagna, and various tidbits off of plates. Between these two I am on my toes when in the kitchen - or when I step away from the kitchen more like it! These two are always looking for a way to outsmart me!
Side note: No - the stove was not on and we weren't using it. Also the black mark on Jonathan's head was his own coloring on himself! So hold your calls to Child Protective Services!
No comments:
Post a Comment