So.....what do we learn from this? 1) We are blessed - the garage door is not a living God created animal or human 2) anyone who "looks" like they are happily delivering Christmas gifts, shopping, and has all their little children in control is a fraud - they probably just smashed into their garage door 3) I have justifiably lost my mind and it appears that coffee, chocolate, adequate sleep, etc. is still not regenerating the necessary brain cells to keep me out of trouble! 4) The Lord has blessed me with an exceptionally patient and forgiving husband!
Friday, December 19, 2008
let me assure you
Let me assure you - if you think you are losing your mind......you probably are. However, let me assure you - you are not the only one and you most likely have not lost as many brain cells as I have! I can't justifiably state the "Christmas rush" is an excuse.....we've actually had a nice relaxed pace here. I can't say it is school - I called that more than a week ago. I could plead the I have 4 kids thing but I seem to still be losing brain cells and the labor has long since been over! So maybe you have done some crazy things lately - made some silly mistakes......but I'll bet you haven't backed straight into your garage door! Bet you haven't! Oh no, I am not so insane that I backed into it completely closed, I still have perfectly good eyesight. The kids had left the door about 1/4th of the way down, you know, who knows why? Later husband asks patiently......"You didn't notice it when you were loading up the van?" Well noticing is one thing - in fact Madison said to me "Mom you'd better fix the garage door before you back out". OK - file that in my mind.......that is request number 1,000,001 today. Proceed into the house 3 more times to get my keys, sippy cup, and change a diaper. Mind is now completely a blank slate. Fire up the van and back out! Crash!!!!! What in the world? Oh yes - request #1,000,001 flashes through my mind. Put the van in drive - back into the garage while watching the weather strip attachment rip completely off the garage door. Kid's are yelling in the back seat - "Mom!!!!!!" Mom gets out of the van thinking to herself, this cannot be happening, tell me this is not happening. Mom says a few things she has to apologize to the kids for later......inspects the long metal/weather strip thing and deducts she can't put it back on.......notices the garage door is a little bent - no major damage. Still thinking...."I can't believe this is happening....." Mom gets back into the van still flustered as all get out and starts the van again. (Yes, Merl I did remember to turn the van off so we would not die of carbon dioxide poisoning in the midst of it all.) Mother then proceeds to BACK THE VAN into the door AGAIN! Yes - you read it right! I forgot in my fume to put the door up! Mom gets out of the van again and sees that now the garage door is more significantly bent......hmmm will it actually work now? Thankfully the garage door goes up and we successfully back out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is a hilarious story....though i'm sure it was less hilarious when it was happening!
So much for brain cells--i'm pretty sure i'm losing memories and the ability to spell words correctly.
Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry for your story, but you had me in stitches. I love part about having to apologize to the kids. I can see every mom in that situation!! Hope life is less stressed now that the holidays are over! See ya next week.
Post a Comment