Sunday, December 14, 2008

the Christmas letter that didn't happen this year.....

I began this blog over the summer because I enjoyed reading other friends' blogs so much - and thought it would be a nice way to keep people up to date on our family.  I was mostly thinking of our friends and family out of state - but really I wanted to keep in fellowship with all our friends near and far.  I've enjoyed "journaling" so to speak here - it is my link to the "outside world!"  Not everyone is into reading blogs so that is fine - if you are one of those people I guess you will not read this - or you'll read this post and not be back.  That's cool - but it is a nice way to only write things one time!

So I took the easy way out on the Christmas letter gig this year......I think that most of our year is fairly well represented in the archives here....though there are just a few things I haven't blogged about I could mention:  

1)  I am still married to Merl despite the fact that I have hardly mentioned him here!  I guess for the most part I decided that he should speak for himself - or that I'd better not say too much without his permission.....maybe I could get him to write sometime.....

2)  The Lord has really blessed Merl's employment situation in ways we could never fathom.  After so many years of working 2 and 3 jobs at one time to keep me at home - his now 1 job has been fulfilling, challenging, enjoyable, and given us financial stability.  We are so thankful - as are those he works with.  He has received much encouragement and acknowledgment for his work which is a first in many, many years.  I know it is because of his character - honest, trustworthy, approachable, sensitive, hardworking, determined, thorough, and dependable.

3)  Merl is halfway through his first year as teaching leader in the men's BSF class here in the Phoenix area.  There was no question in our minds whether or not he should do it when he received the Lord's call.  After almost 15 years of serving in and being fed by such a reputable and fine organization - it was a privilege to be asked.  He has handled the responsibility of the class with I think great success - through the Lord's help and much prayer.  We are learning as a family to adjust to his "study and preparation" schedule and how to prioritize our activities and other responsibilities.  

4)  We have been at our new church home almost one year now.   Of course now looking back we can see God's providence and wisdom in prompting us to make a change.  We prayed for a smaller fellowship closer to home - and have been graciously and warmly accepted.  The kids love it and have made many new friends - just as we have.  We appreciate the preaching from God's word every week as well as the commitment to relationships.  We do miss our friends we don't see anymore at Faith - but believe it was the necessary thing to do.

5)  I am still long winded as you can see!  I have struggled to keep my posts short.  Most of you do not care about my ramblings!  So maybe I should work on being short and sweet in 2009.  Hmmm......well I might be able to work on being less wordy - but "sweet"?  I don't believe anyone has ever described me as sweet.  

6)  It would be a blessing to stay in contact with all our dear friends and family - it seems each year we hear from less and less!  Keep us in the loop!  We are privileged and blessed to have you in our lives.......

No comments: