• appointments every day for the rest of the week - so things are coming to a screeching halt...
• yesterday a friend commented on how clean the house looked......that was yesterday.
• the house is back to its regular "mid-week" chaotic form.....things strewn about, laundry continuing to pile, stuff piling on the desk.
Thought of the day: Someone called me a "super mom" today because I stay at home, home school, and maintain a household (3 full time jobs she gave me credit for! She was very kind!).....anyway I gave her my standard response: "Whatever it is you think I am doing - I'm not!" I always wonder what people are picturing: 4 beautiful kids quietly sitting at a table - the 2 yr. old looking at books quietly while the 4 yr. old colors and the 8 and 10 year old's are diligently loving every minute of their schoolwork........I am whipping up a 4 course meal in the meantime while keeping up with the laundry, paying the bills AND keeping a spotless house....
Please don't tell anyone the real story: 4 beautiful kids scattered around the house - the 2 yr. old is throwing his books on the floor and yelling "ma ma" all day while the 4 yr. old is coloring on the table and the 8 and 10 year old's are getting distracted by the mail being delivered or the package man driving by.......I am just remembering that I have no idea what is for dinner and we are leaving the house for the afternoon and that I forgot to even start the laundry.....just when I leave the kitchen to start the laundry our lovely Rhodesian Ridgeback wakes up from his "fake sleep" on the floor and pulls the cereal I forgot to put away off the counter and all over the floor. So much for the spotless house, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment