Saturday, February 27, 2010

Botanical Gardens

It doesn't get any better than this.......who can be in school buried in books when it looks like this outside? Time to learn about the Sonoran desert, baby!!!!! I have to admit before we ventured out I wondered how the kids would do looking at primarily plants with just a few opportunities to see animals. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! The kids ran in with their usual positive attitudes and energy and left with big smiles. Even Jonathan enjoyed almost 3 hours of exploration - trying his binoculars, checking off boxes on his scavenger hunt sheet, and looking for "boods"..... I was realizing how nice it is for the older kids to be able to read the signs and study the displays for themselves - and it warmed my heart to watch them interact with the younger ones and take joy in their interest. They were hilariously thankful for the treat - with Allie yelling out as we left to Mima and Pop, "thanks for paying!" Oh my.....

Planning our route.....

Young explorer and backwards binoculars!

"Grinding beans into flour" according to Allie



Always full speed

A stroll with Pop

She just had to have those sunglasses

Big sister, little brother

Looks like Mima and Pop have thawed fairly well, don't you think? Too bad they have to go back to the Michigan cold.....we will miss them.



No comments: