On day 2 of our trip we decided to knock ourselves out at Sea World. The kids have not been there and we had good discount tickets. I have to say - I still am just not sure about paying so much money for these one day excursions! Yes, yes - the memories are great but my goodness.....just bugs me. That said......we did have a super day - opened the place at 9am and left around 9pm!!!!! Troopers!
Kids loved the Shamu show....
Ryan the budding photographer snapped this one of a few of us opening the day with a soaking.
New dolphin show was cool - I actually really enjoyed the professional divers....but the dolphins were impressive too...

These two were hilarious with
their map reading......
I stood at the bottom of the ride below for over 45 minutes.....count them 4 5......waiting for Merl and Ryan to come down so I could get the perfect picture of them with looks of terror on their face. I practiced on more than half the boats coming down to make sure I had the shot perfected while also keeping an eye on those making their way to the top before the plunge. I told the guys to wave and I kept my eyes peeled for Merl's orange and blue hawaiian shirt he had on. I, the planner had it all figured out. Ah......except for the fact that I forgot Merl was going to wear his red rain poncho......so......

Here is a lovely picture of complete strangers coming down the the coaster.......
As always - the day flew by and before we knew it the time had come to leave. Wish we could bottle the experience up to pull out of our hats every once in a while when we need some good laughs and fun.

1 comment:
I love the story of you trying to take the shot of Merl and Ryan!! I'm going to bottle that up and put in in my hat to pull out when I need a good laugh! Love you Tracy
Post a Comment