Thursday, August 26, 2010

san diego (Day 4)


Each day of our trip was filled with gorgeous scenery! Searching for the most stunning pictures was one of my daily goals! So early in the morning we set out to Torrey Pines State Park. It was intriguing to see pine trees, cactus, and the ocean all together! We hiked around for a short time. The kids were not as into the views as I was!
















After enjoying the delightful landscape at Torrey Pines, we drove south to La Jolla - one of our most favorite places to play......my aunt and uncle introduced us to the area on our first trip to San Diego with the kids to see the seals which hang out right on the rocks! I have pictures of the kids playing in these same coves and beach now 3 different times (about every 2 or 3 years). The joy on their faces is the same - as they play and jump in the waves. They say it is like having their own beach.....such fun.
La Jolla












I have no idea what this kid is saying or doing here - but he spent a lot of time the whole week on the beach talking to himself.....in his own world! Hilarious.

Have almost this same picture - like 6 years ago.......I need to dig it out......


One rare photo of me running from the cold water....you know me - always cold and rarely letting anyone else hold the camera! It was difficult to get good pictures of Madison because she was always in the water looking for shells and I was chicken to get in too far!
Sweet memories and reflections of a special day!

No comments: