
This is the time of year when people sometimes send out cards, pictures, and yes - long epistles of family news. I have been one of those people who sends out a lengthy update letter about our family comings and goings! I have written about all the kids' activities , interests, and great accomplishments....Don't get me wrong - I like receiving these letters from other people.....
However this year as I contemplated writing one it just seemed, well - not reality. Not that it ever has been an accurate picture - but it just seems like we report the "perfect" parts of life and not what really goes down. I am not sure anyone really wants to know what actually happens around here. I am positive I don't want everyone to know.....yet it is those details that make up most of our days. It is what happens hour by hour that defines who we are as a family and our character.
The truth is, our house is not clean most of the time. I don't bake cookies every week. Siblings fight. Husband and wife sometimes disagree. School is cancelled from time to time because life can be overwhelming. We are ungrateful and selfish. The dog eats food off the counter. Mom is often not joyful. Kids roll their eyes here.
We are not perfect and need assistance, guidance, and salvation. We are sinners with no possibility of change without Christ. I have spent years fighting to do things in my own power - it never works. Thankfully there is a hope that we cling to. There is forgiveness. When momma yells and kids slam doors we can come together and ask for forgiveness and start over. There are second chances because Jesus humbled himself and came to this earth as a baby and then died on a cross - taking the punishment meant for us. God's judgment for the sins we commit daily are paid for in full, by His Grace. It is nothing we deserve or can ever be good enough for.
What a relief. How amazing that we don't have to do everything right all the time. What a future we have because of these truths. ALL things work together for the good of those who love Him. The Lord is sovereign over our world, our country, our family. Life is eternal - in Christ we have the security and peace of knowing we will be with Him always.
"For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end.
He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this."
Isaiah 9:6-7
So here is an authentic "Merry Christmas" from the Millers.....still striving toward the goal set before us......"to Glorify God and enjoy Him forever." We do it inadequately....but we don't give up. To God be the Glory.....

3 comments:
Perfect letter. Beautiful picture. Love the real. Love the honest. For HIs glory.
Merry Merry Christmas,
Sarah
Oh, yes....and the Truth is beautiful. Missing you much today. HUUUUUUUG!
Merry Christmas dear ones!
This is one reason why I like you so much--you tell it like it is! So refreshing to me, so encouraging...because I too need a Savior! So thankful that He has come and will come again. Love you and MISS you. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment