Monday, July 21, 2008

books,books,books!


Books are really only one of the reasons I eagerly anticipate each year's Homeschool Convention.  We were blessed to be able to purchase several exciting materials we need for this year over the weekend.  The kids were stacking all the books to see "how high" their work was - little do they know this is less than half of what we'll be doing/reading!!!!  I still have more items to order but I am close to wrapping up the planning and starting the school year.  

I think I will probably share more of my thoughts about the convention eventually because some of the challenges were so meaningful.   This is always a time of encouragement and refreshment for me.  It is an opportunity to be away from the kids (and miss them!) for two whole days while having my vision renewed about homeschooling.  Having the opportunity to fellowship with SO many friends, hear motivating workshops, touch and feel the curriculum, and yes - drink coffee is rejuvenating for me!  It was great to have Merl along too - last year he had to miss.  Although I will say that I spent less money last year without him....he likes all the great things there!  I appreciate his leadership, vision, and support for our family  - it is a team effort.  May the Lord receive the Glory and His will be done in our lives.

No comments: