Sunday, July 20, 2008

brother and sister


Aren't they a fine looking pair?  I think so!  Valeta, Merl's sister came this weekend to visit and attend the Arizona Homeschool Convention with us.  She has come several times and it has become a tradition that we look forward to every year with great anticipation.  I know Merl really loves and appreciates his sister so it is a treat.  Valeta is a great blessing to me for many reasons.....I so appreciate her sweet spirit of encouragement and love as well as her ability to be positive and gentle with the way she says things and views situations.  Though our time was short - we packed it full of laughter, tears, great discussions, shopping for curriculum, listening to encouraging workshops, and food!  The primary reason we were able to have this time was thanks to my wonderful parents who kept the kids Friday and Saturday (thank you SO MUCH, mom and dad) and Valeta's husband Rusty, who stayed home with their children and allowed her to come!    The Lord blessed our time and ministered to us all and for that we are thankful. 

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I'm glad that you had a good time. I would love to hear about your curriculum finds sometime! I must say that the first thing that I noticed about the picture was Merl's fine, straight teeth! Take care dear sister.