Tuesday, July 29, 2008

california here we come!



Well today has been a full day of packing and list making.......I think this may go down in history as one of my more relaxed days before a trip.  Usually I am quite grouchy during the 24-48 hours preceding a trip.  The difference?  I think I have finally learned how to pack 6 people for a road trip - and I figured out how include the kids and keep them busy.    They each have their checklists for packing - I just give a final check.  We also have a checklist for household chores and when they are completed they get to watch the tube which is an unusual occurrence in our house so it works as motivation.  Also I have decided that hey - if we forget it - we'll just buy it for crying out loud.  And this time I am going to try and bring only 1 or 2 books to read instead of 10.  That should make my tote bag lighter!  I am always paranoid I will want something and not have it.  

We are staying with my aunt and uncle in San Diego and will meet up with Merl's brother Bryan and his family to do Legoland and the beach.  The kids are beyond excited.  Our last trip to San Diego was exactly 3 years ago (pictured above).  Allison was a baby and of course everyone else was 3 years younger too.  I hope to get a new "Baywatch" photo of Ryan as well as fun pictures of everyone.  This will be our last vacation until next summer so we are so psyched to be together as a family since Merl pretty much was not with us in New Mexico the majority of the time.  

We will bring the computer to load pictures each day so I hope to blog for fun.  I will report on the cool 70 degree weather (yes I will be cold - I always am if it is under 80 degrees), how many times Allison asks "when are we going to get there?", and just how much I cannot stand sand.  Yes, I am a mountain girl - but beach photos are great!

No comments: