Here's what happened one day this week when I was on the phone.....you can argue amongst yourselves about whether I was "on the phone too long" - or whether I should be on the phone at all! With this guy I am not sure it is really me not paying attention. I am realizing if I turn my head at all he is capitalizing immediately and into something! In this situation however, there were accomplices. I have reason to believe his brother Ryan "mixed the mud" and maybe Allison helped to smear it on Jonathan. Crisp and clean Madison just enjoyed posing for the "after" shots. When I realized what was going on and quickly hung up the phone I was ready to really yell big time at the group - but when I got outside I thought - hmmm - I think I'd better get the camera! I actually think that me taking the time to stop and take pictures gave me enough of a time out that by the time I was done I was laughing instead of yelling! May not always work but it worked in their favor this day!
Saturday, September 6, 2008
to yell or not to yell
Here's what happened one day this week when I was on the phone.....you can argue amongst yourselves about whether I was "on the phone too long" - or whether I should be on the phone at all! With this guy I am not sure it is really me not paying attention. I am realizing if I turn my head at all he is capitalizing immediately and into something! In this situation however, there were accomplices. I have reason to believe his brother Ryan "mixed the mud" and maybe Allison helped to smear it on Jonathan. Crisp and clean Madison just enjoyed posing for the "after" shots. When I realized what was going on and quickly hung up the phone I was ready to really yell big time at the group - but when I got outside I thought - hmmm - I think I'd better get the camera! I actually think that me taking the time to stop and take pictures gave me enough of a time out that by the time I was done I was laughing instead of yelling! May not always work but it worked in their favor this day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmmm...I think you were on the phone too long. :) ha ha!! Kids are tooo quick!
I once "capitalized" myself and got much dirtier doing it! My aunt was babysitting us (childless aunt, I might add) and we - following the rule my mother had long established - "asked" before playing in the mud. When she gave us permission - with none of the standard "but don't get too dirty" caveat - we smeared each other head to toe with clay mud. My aunt showered us off in the laundry tub, threw away our clothes, and sat us down to read (our "punishment" - she didn't know we were bookworms either, and allowed only 3 library books per day!). She also made us swear not to tell our mother. We kept the oath until we were adults.
Long story short (ha!), I think you did the right thing by laughing, but I also completely understand the temptation TO yell!
Post a Comment