Tuesday, March 31, 2009

wedding blessings and fun.....















We spent the entire weekend celebrating the marriage of our dear friends Jeannie and Steve.  We have known "Miss Jeannie" for over 10 years and supported her for many years on the mission field.  What a joyous occasion to see her marry the man of her dreams after all these years of waiting (for both of them).  The girls and I attended a "Turkish Kina Gecesi" for the bride on Friday, our family then had the rehersal and dinner on Saturday and wedding festivities all day Sunday.  Madison was a junior bridesmaid, Allison a flower girl, and Ryan a junior usher.  What fun  it all was.  Merl and I got to two step and we always enjoy the ceremony parts of the wedding - like renewing our vows.  I ALWAYS cry while Merl looks at me like I just came down the aisle or something.  The kids enjoyed every minute as you can see from the pictures.....but most of all the dancing and party afterward!  We are still recovering from the busy weekend even today.  It was all worth it.  What a great example these two have been to the kids of what God intends for marriage and that "love is worth waiting for".    It was overall just a great cultural and spiritual experience for our family.......a blessing.  

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I'm so glad that you wrote about this! I had heard through some postings on facebook that she was getting married but hadn't heard any details!! I'd love to hear sometime who he is and how they met and what they are doing next. Love the pictures of your cute kids!