



We really are having a GREAT time in Flagstaff - so far it has been cooler than I'd like (anything under 80 degrees) but a nice change to sizzling home. We are "vacationing" with Merl's family. His parents generously arrange for all the siblings and family to get together every 3 years together at a timeshare. They carefully plan things so that we spend a lot of time sharing with one another and enjoying each other's company while also exploring the area. We are having fun!!
Our first full day (Saturday) was spent exploring the sites of old volcanoes. In the morning we visited Sunset Crater National Monument. It was fascinating to see the beds of cooled lava all around us and be able to hike through it. Unfortunately my camera (which I have been having problems with recently) took a turn for the worse and kicked the bucket. I only have a few pictures from that morning. Ahh, nothing like your camera breaking on vacation!! So relaxing and enjoyable......Fortunately we bought Madison a camera for Christmas......
No comments:
Post a Comment