Tuesday, June 30, 2009

the mystery on the living room floor

This is just too funny.....

The family has been struggling with a strange "sickness" - Allison had a fever, I had headaches, and then Allie and Jonathan both threw up one time in the middle of the night 24 hours apart.  As a result I've been up from about 3am on both Sunday and Monday nights....every time someone coughs or sputters in the other room I fly out of bed anticipating well.....you know.  

So early this morning after Allie had done her thing and gone back to sleep, I was trying to sleep from 6-7am.....and she comes up to me in the bed and says....."Mommy there is something all over the living room floor."  "What is it Allie?"  "I don't know just something."  Ok - so if you were me what would you assume?  Two nights in a row up with barfing kids, I am thinking great - the dog barfed?  Who barfed on the living room floor?  What else could it be if she doesn't know what it is?  

I decided I didn't care what was on the living room floor because I was tired and my head was pounding too much to get up.  "Just don't step in it - I'll be there in a minute."  Finally I mustered enough courage to get up, face the day, and face the living room floor.  Much to my relief "it" was a big, black racetrack!  Last night after Allie had gone to bed a sweet friend had dropped some "hand me down" toys by for Ryan and he'd set up the racetrack.  Allie had never seen anything like it!  What a relief!

No comments: