I know I sound like a broken record, but homeschooling is a journey of figuring things out - and much refinement for the teacher and the students! Days are filled with trying and trying again - and discovering new ways of "doing school". Monday was one such day......after some struggles I decided we all needed a time out and sent the kids out to the garage to "reorganize" it. I had no idea what would ensue. About 2 hrs. later I was presented with a "made-over" garage - complete with a "school corner". The kids had decided we should have an area for school in the garage! Well - me and my inflexible self were not amused......Like I wanted to teach school in a cold garage.....or burning hot garage in May! I began to protest when all of a sudden the Holy Spirit nudged me and said "chill" - praise the good in this and relax and go with the flow.
Hence, school in a garage:

Student sized desks and chairs are over-rated after all.....

Who knew writing came so much easier in the ...... garage?
Seems the change in venue has its advantages. One of the strong points happens to be that we can all be outside and the younger kids can play in the front while the rest of us get some work done.

Guard dog, happy to be included......

Problem solving practice: how to ride a trike when you can't reach the pedals......

Persistence, baby

Allison trying something new

Students are able to take "lick breaks".

Students are able to "drive-thru" when they'd like to participate and "listen in."

In the end - everyone realizes they want to be in on the lessons....
So, as usual this time I tried to "roll with the punches"....... and the kids were right........I'm learning.
1 comment:
Good for you Tracy! Trying something new is hard, but also very rewarding(sometimes :D) Glad your kids are doing so well and I love how you arranged the photos! Great job!
Post a Comment