Friday, August 26, 2011

Out of the desert and into the waves......

After just 3 weeks of school we could call it....."Break from the heat" maybe? "Heat break" instead of "Fall break?" Whatever you want to dub it.....I love being less than a days drive from the cool mountains or the beach! Merl needed to be in San Diego for a short Saturday meeting last weekend - so we tagged along. My generous aunt and uncle allow us to "bunk in" at their home when we come which is what makes these frequent excursions a possibility. This time we drove into San Diego later Friday night so Merl could work a full day.

Saturday morning after dropping Merl off the kids and I enjoyed the cool weather at a park, did some grocery shopping, and visiting with my uncle. After lunch we packed up and then picked up daddy who had traded his dress clothes for the beach attire and we jumped on the freeway headed for "Beaches".....

I'll be real here.....the beach is not my favorite place....the sand, mess, etc. Sorry! But it does make for good pictures and of course the kids love it. It was a too cool 70 degrees for me on the beach! I was freezing and begged for the shirt off Merl's back! The kids enjoyed it for a few hours but then were happy to be done.....so we left the crowd for a relaxing evening at my aunt and uncle's. Just enough beach for me and leaving the kids wanting more......ha!

We haven't been to the park in awhile....

Nice pose....

I just love the fact they are all in this picture enjoying one another....

Madison on our borrowed snow/"surf" board...

Handsome and strong!

Wave jumping.....

Another handsome boy....

the frozen mummy....

toes....

Cool crab!

Here's to a great day!

No comments: