Tuesday, August 19, 2008

friends

I just have to say that it is a blessing to have wonderful friends (well and family too).  I so appreciate the intimacy of being able to pick up the phone or drop a quick email about anything - and just know I am cared for or can care for my friends....even if it is a "small issue" of little importance.  Some days it is huge - like needing help when your knee is locked and you can't walk but have a 1 week old baby and 3 other kids!  Other days it is only a decorating 911 emergency like the one I had yesterday.....after shopping for 6 months for some living room furniture I saw a deal online used that seemed too good to pass up - except it wasn't really what we wanted - just cheap.  I sent out 911 messages to a few of my "decorating consultant" friends (love ya Amy and Karen!) and also emailed back and forth to mom about it.  All 3 of them responded almost immediately and talked me through the dilemma.  This is what I found out:  Friends don't let friends buy ugly gray couches!

No comments: