Sunday, March 1, 2009

take me out to the ballgame......





Ryan and I had a great day together yesterday - it was unusual for our family to split up but we were "dividing and conquering".  Merl took Madison, Allison, and Jonathan to a company picnic and I went to Ryan's baseball game.  He played a great game and had fun.  This was my first attempt to video any of it.  I was having a little trouble with focus - but otherwise kind of fun.  It is also my very first attempt at putting the clips together into a little movie.......so go easy on me!  

After the game we shopped for new running shoes, a wedding shower gift, and various other errands.  We also had some lunch.  Here are some funny quips from the day:

1)  Someone once told me that when you go to a restaurant, visit the restroom first and if it is not spic and span - don't eat there.  I have been mentally mulling this over recently based on a few experiences.....anyway Ryan and I visited an Arby's yesterday (we very rarely go to fast food restaurants) and after the experience made a vow to each other that the next time we go to a restaurant we would inspect the restroom before we ate and would remind the other we needed to leave if necessary!

2)  After getting into the car after lunch and discussing our experience Ryan just said from the back seat......"Well I think we learned our lesson on that one!"

3)  We had a lot of very good discussions about money and reasonable spending, etc.  He is really starting to get it and learning discipline with his spending.  As we looked at baseball bats, shoes, etc. he seemed to have a great sense of what good prices are.  Very encouraging!

4)  Ryan is always reading the signs on the road for me - while I was turning onto the on ramp for the freeway he was warning me that the ramp was closed - but it didn't register soon enough and we got stuck in traffic.  "I'm thinking this is not a good thing" he says as we get in a long line of cars and he immediately begins planning our escape route.  (Ahhh, life in the big city)

Over all it was just a really precious time with my guy - a very rare time to spend the afternoon together just talking and enjoying the day!  

2 comments:

Beth said...

Cool! What program did you use for that??

Anonymous said...

I can't WAIT to see you and the family. We're hoping there will be sports to watch and a wading pool to jump in!