Sunday, June 21, 2009

father's day


Happy Father's Day #10 to my dear husband.....hard to believe it has been 10 years since he celebrated his first.  Now our little baby girl has turned into a young lady and there are 3 more kiddos to celebrate with! 

Merl is has become a father beyond what I dreamed he would be.  In fact, when we met - I had no idea what to think about what his "potential fatherly qualities" would be. - and frankly I am embarrassed to say that I didn't really care.  I just knew I wanted to marry him and would worry about the rest later.  Hmmm......I don't recommend this reckless philosophy - I am just an example of God's grace and mercy - as a result I am married to a changed man and amazing father!  

Merl has a kind and Godly way of dealing with our kids - shepherding them - I think he had great examples from his parents who I know have prayed faithfully for him every day of his life.....I also take great comfort in knowing that he desires to do what the Lord calls him to do.  And he desires to be a Godly father...I am thankful for this man!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm thankful for both of you. :-)