Thursday, August 11, 2011

school days......"the preparation"

We are finishing up our second week of school! It works well for us to start Aug. 1 because then we have the ability to be off when the weather is cooler around here. We seemed to only have a moment for preparation! Life was crazy and before we knew it it was time! I begged the kids the day before we began for one more week of planning.....but they totally vetoed the idea. All four couldn't wait so I found myself scrambling - but then gave in and flew by the seat of my pants.

This year we tried to use the majority of the school supplies we'd bought on sale last year and had left over. The kids did a great job spicing up the older notebooks and such! We did buy a few new things.....I have passed on my addiction to writing utensils so.......ya know.

Madison has got some creative juices.....

Don't you want her to decorate your stuff?

All lined up and ready to go...

I love Ryan's simplicity and willingness to use whatever was in storage -

Love the "Cars" touch....

This is my table the day before we started.... I was winging it this year.....will have to do more prep as we go.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

Yes, she can come decorate our school supplies! Maybe everyone would be more excited about starting school. I have never managed to do school in such a way that everyone is excited and wanting to do it, at least not recently, though I think it partly has something to do with the not-so-pleasant influence of the eldest at our house.