Monday, March 21, 2011

did I mention we live in the desert?

Last Saturday - (yes, I am a week behind) after finishing my closet purging I was able to relax and enjoy our hike. We went to Usery Park and hiked for about 3 hours. I am telling you it was hot....but lovely. I'll take it! Wasn't too much interesting to report, but the scenery was divine. Another successful outing.

cactus, cactus, everywhere!

cheerful Allie.....

the view toward home....

????

Near the top one could see for miles....

Happy friends.....

Ryan is showing me the tail of the lizard he tried to catch....that came off in the process! It was wiggling back and forth......ugh.

Lunch was the ONLY time this boy was still and not running ahead on the trail!

My view of the last mile from the back of the pack ...... wonder why most of my photos are from the back? The pace is so fast! It would be not wise for me to try to run ahead - we impossible when the boys RUN the whole hike!

Gorgeous desert winter weather .....

No comments: