All weekend I was trying to explain to the kids how cool their parents were to take them to not one, but two straight nights of wild and crazy rock and roll. I don't think they were buying it. I guess when I am singing as loud as they are to the radio or stereo or dancing to the heavy metal band or rap guy at home they think this is normal mother behavior. Oh well, maybe someday they will see.....Though just when I was thinking how cool I was in the middle of the heavy metal concert - I looked beside and behind me only to see women older than me waving their arms and singing louder and knowing EVERY single lyric! Wow! I was impressed.
Saturday night was Toby Mac and the Diverse City Band. Great show - lots of fun.
Our great friends took Madison and Ryan early in the afternoon to scope good spots for the concert that wasn't until almost 9pm. Boy were the kids psyched!
These boys lasted all night long.....one boy (Jonathan fell asleep halfway through)
"Boomin' with my stereo system!"
Sunday night was Skillet - Jonathan did his own hair and was rested and ready to rock.
Rock it....
This time Madison, Ryan and I went early to scope spots and Merl and the littles came later and other friends met us too.
We weren't this close to the stage.....it was a little wild down there.....awesome telephoto on my camera.
To those of you who may be a bit concerned we have flipped our lids and are leading our poor children astray - no worries. Went to classical piano concert a few months ago, horse show last month, Game and Fish excursion set for this Friday.....the bands were "Christian" and have been thoroughly checked out and lyrics studied.....it's ok if you don't like rap or raging guitar and drums. I won't hold it against you. Just trying to be well rounded with our activities. Ha!
There is no doubt I feel better when the house is clean - things are organized - or when the meals are planned. This weekend was one to ignore it all and do some screaming, dancing, jumping, and singing. Rock on......and back to reality~
No comments:
Post a Comment