Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hotspot #3 - Kid's clothes/toys (Boys!)


I am still a purging maniac over here.....last week's hotspot was the kid's clothes/toys. Awesome! I have been doing fairly well at trying to do this at least 2x per year. It gets easier every time. And I do believe maybe the kids are learning how to do it and look forward to it! Both Madison and Ryan begged to be first.....boys won so we knocked them out. Jonathan helped sort his toys and then was dismissed while I did the clothes. Now that I have a system for incoming/outgoing clothes it is more orderly. Ryan couldn't wait for his turn and he does a fabulous job of making decisions, letting things go, and keeping special keepsakes. He is a pleasure to work with!

The Simple Mom lady gives great tips to get started and even provides a printout of instructions for each hotspot. Of course her book has it all in there too.

So here are before and afters......***DISCLAIMER*** These before pics were taken when the rooms were in horrid shape. Some simple straightening could solve a great deal of these issues - but makes the after pictures look dandy!

One side of the lower closet...

Cool....

Not too bad really.....

Got rid of a few things and consolidated the rock collection.....Ryan is doing his own laundry now, too -

Too many clothes to put away......thinned those out....

Oh man, I love summer!

Yes, the boys have toys - legos housed here.....others under the bed! Like it!

So, 1 bag of trash, 2 bags of clothes, and 1 box of give away toys later.....it was on to the girls' side.

No comments: