Friday, July 1, 2011

Miller's in Pinetop (3) - Washer tossing tournament

On Day 3 the family was thoroughly entertained by a double elimination washer tossing tournament! Valeta's family made each of our families a washer set with the game board and we set them all up together for the tournament. Basically 2 people play against one another and each gets 3 washers. You toss them at the board and try to get them in the holes for points. The first one to 21 wins - you can't go over and your opponent can cancel your points out sometimes! Some were more competitive than others but everyone was a good sport. Brace yourself - I know you can only take so many pictures of tossing washers but I love how everyone played and enjoyed the several hours of play.......

Allie taking a toss....

Zander and Jonathan were hilarious....

Jonathan took things seriously!

And he was shocked and excited when he got one in the "5" hole!

Madison and cousin Tara

Brothers Nick and Zack

Ryan took one of his competitive momma....

Grandma got in the mix....

Brother and sister competition!

Father and son dual....

The thrill of victory....

and the agony of defeat~

Ryan won second place - and a prized rabbit skin....

Uncle Loren was the Miller family washer tossing champion of 2011.....here he is giving his acceptance speech...

Great fun was had by all.....I placed fairly decently but was not as good at washer tossing as I am at air hockey! Watch out Millers if there is an air hockey table at our next destination.... and I will defend my crown then!

No comments: