The girls headed an hour away into the middle of I don't know where (Conchos, Arizona) to a lavender farm. When I read about the "lavender festival" I pictured a lovely event in the middle of a small town - but this was the craziest thing I've seen.....a little oasis in the middle of a barren desert! It was interesting to hear the story of how the family got there and ended up raising lavender - and are now producing some of the best lavender in the world. You learn something new every day! It was a fun time with the grandma, Aunt Valeta and the girls.....
Allie and Madison in front of a small portion of the field.
Interesting twist on a southwest traditional decoration!
The wife of the lavender farmer telling us how to cook with lavender....

"Lavender lemonade"
Madison had been looking forward to cutting her own "bunch" to hang and dry at home.
Allie got in on the cutting....
.
No comments:
Post a Comment