So I took the challenge on
Hotspot #1 from
Simple Mom and attacked my closet with fury on Monday after we were done with school. It was exciting and I purged almost half my clothes out of the closet. Of course I didn't finish but had to clean up so we could function in there......didn't work again on it until Friday! But finished then so I could enjoy our family hike on Saturday. When hubby walked into our "new room" he said "I am inspired!" Yeah! It looks great and I am feeling free of some "baggage." True confessions however......I did haul a few boxes out to the garage that still need to be dealt with. I know it is cheating. I love her idea of tagging for the garage sale as you go through things - but I was extremely pressed for time. However - there were 3 huge boxes labeled "give/garage sale" and one large bag of trash. Yes! Can't wait to see what Hotspot #2 is.
*DISCLAIMER* There is no one who reads this blog that really loves me enough to want to see this many before and after pictures! But I am posting them anyway for my own documentational (I think I just invented a word) enjoyment. Besides.....they ARE inspirational, aren't they?

I am afraid this is a familiar scene......

Grandma and Grandpa's cedar chest with the dignity it deserves.....

Since Granny just recently died - I had gone through a few of my things while I neatly and tearfully placed them in her drawers. But since then things had gotten a little dusty and out of hand.

Much better....

I've seen worse situations - but hadn't gone through it in about 4 years.

All I can say is "ahhhh"

The opposite side of the closet with extra "stuff".

We can all breathe now....

Not tragic but needed some work.

Room to grow - not - I will not accumulate more, I will not accumulate more.....

The scene mid-way through......

The end of hotspot #1.....(I know it is not the wardrobe but I had to freshen the whole room up!)
2 comments:
Way Cool! Adela
Way to go! I should jump in on that today! It looks great.
Post a Comment